Saturday, August 31, 2019

NSV: Is that really me? [18m 250lbs+ -> 166lbs]

Long time whatever. I’ve written my personal story on so many times before deleting it, so I’ll spare the details. Basically: I was a fat kid but never knew how to stop being a fat kid. Finally, I mustered the courage to ask google for a way off this ride and spent the greater half of my senior year counting calories and doing IF.

Well, it’s been way over half a year and I’m working towards a goal of losing 100 pounds in total.

Anyway, this past week was Frosh week at my university. At the closing ceremony yesterday, there was a slideshow of all the things we did. I was looking at the pictures and feeling down. My anxiety and prior commitments didn’t let me attend every event, and the ones I didn’t go to were shown first.

Then, I saw a light.

There was a group photo featuring someone who kinda looked like me. But he didn’t. He looked happy. He was laughing and having fun. He’s living his best life, confident and boldly.

I felt so normal. I saw qualities in myself that made me happy.

Years of hating the way I looked and moved in videos. Years of failed attempts at weight loss. Years lacking confidence, energy and drive.

I’m free from the body I once lived my life trapped in. I feel like I can do what I want with the right support.

So there it is. A little bit of light at the end of the tunnel. I hope this helps you like countless others have helped me. The journey wasn’t easy but it was totally worth it, and all that jazz. To be honest, I’m glad there wasn’t some kind of miracle cure, and looking back on everything I’ve done to get here, I wouldn’t change a thing.

submitted by /u/MrFwuffy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZGd5kQ

No comments:

Post a Comment