Sunday, August 25, 2019

/r/LoseIt, I want to share with you an incredible achievement, and say thank you from the bottom of my heart

One year ago I was 148lbs, today I'm 145. I have successfully maintained my weight loss for A WHOLE YEAR. Isn't that in itself an incredible achievement?

But, wait for it... in the last year, I have:

  • Backpacked for six weeks, trying lots of new foods
  • Adjusted to moving back home from another country
  • Had to find somewhere to live, set everything up, furnish it
  • Done grad school applications and interviews
  • Completed a language class
  • Planned and then called off my wedding, ending a long relationship
  • Moved out, then had to move again
  • Got a new job
  • Dealt with an ongoing chronic illness that causes daily pain

AND I MAINTAINED MY WEIGHT LOSS. I'm so amazed by this I could shout it from the rooftops. Binge eating has been my coping mechanism since I was ten years old, and I thought I would never, ever escape it.

But I have, haven't I? In the face of an extremely tough year, that's clearly not how I cope any more. But this one is your victory too, /r/LoseIt, because there is no possible way I could have done this without you. You changed my life, and I will never be able to thank you enough.

I still have 9lbs to go until goal and I will absolutely get there, but honestly? Seeing that number on the scale is nothing compared to the absolute miracle of having changed my habits enough that even when severely tested, they don't slide. I mean, they have slid, repeatedly, and I have always got back on it thanks to the people here. That's been the one key thing, no matter how a day/weekend/month has gone, getting back to the good habits as soon as is practical.

For reference, those are logging with MyFitnessPal, trying to walk at least 5000 steps a day (my gym membership went by the wayside with moving) and regular weighing to keep accountable.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

submitted by /u/loseoneself
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MAYPbd

No comments:

Post a Comment