Thursday, August 29, 2019

What to tell my coworkers

I (24f) have been on a very strict diet for the past 5ish months. I allow myself cheats here and then, but I generally avoid anything outside my meal plan most days. I am especially careful with sugar. I have pretty much eliminated it from my diet, which has had a pretty big impact on my weight loss thus far.

So, given that information, I pretty much never allow myself to indulge in any sort of treat while at work. Most of my closer friends/coworkers know that I am very careful about what I eat and don’t offer me treats when they bring them in (which I appreciate) and understand why I skip things like bagels and birthday cake.

However, I often get newer coworkers and people I don’t know super well ask me “Awwww you aren’t having cake?” or “why aren’t you having a donut?” I have said a variety of things as a response. I don’t feel like, don’t like that kind of cake, am not feeling well. I don’t want to say “because I’m watching what I eat” or any form of that because that usually garners a sad “awwwe the fat girl at work is dieting” kind of look.

SO, friends, my question is does anyone know of a short and easy response to say when people ask me why I’m not having any cake/donut/cupcake? I just want something that won’t make people feel bad for me and won’t trigger a bunch of additional questions. I don’t think I can say at this point I have any sort of food allergy.

Thanks in advance :)

submitted by /u/babyturtle1995
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Po6lZe

No comments:

Post a Comment