Wednesday, August 28, 2019

My progress was deleted from a "body positivy" page because I wasn't "fat enough"

The post and response in question

I am 24/F and my heaviest weight was 212lb at 5'6" and I'm maintaining roughly at 145lb. (Done completely through CICO, 1200-1400kcal a day, no exercise until very recently)

Recently I bought a crop top for the first time in my life because I finally felt like I was at a place where I felt proud enough about my weight loss and body image to do so. (You can see my r/progresspics post in my post history)

My image was shared on a Body Positivity page on Facebook and it was promptly deleted because of an uproar by larger women in the group, saying I wasn't fat enough to be posted there for a before and after. (Losing nearly 70lb isn't that big of a deal apparently)

I feel hurt by this, because women in that group are constantly being praised for their weight loss and/or ability to step out of their comfort zones and wear things they haven't before. But my post was deleted because I wasn't seen as even a "smallfat" in their eyes and therefore did not deserve praise, or even to have my post in their group. I felt ostracized by the most of the people who are nothing less than supportive to all the bigger women in the group. I understand that I wasn't 500lb, but I was still at an unhealthy weight for my height, and finally kicked my butt into gear to get myself down to a healthy BMI and start getting into exercising.

Apparently "body positivity" doesn't matter if the body in question doesn't meet other's weight standards.

Either way, I'm still very much proud of my weight loss. This is just fuel to the fire to get myself in the gym more and really start buckling down on getting myself more active. Can't make everyone happy, but I sure as hell can make myself happy!

submitted by /u/coconut_and_metal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2L0vapF

No comments:

Post a Comment