Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Mandatory college meal plan; how do I keep losing weight?

I've worked very hard on weight loss this summer and I'm down from 195 to 165 (6' m 20). However, the semester starts at my college in about two weeks, and I'm required to buy the unlimited meal plan since I live in a dorm (I know this is unusual but yes, it is a hard and fast rule). I only managed to lose weight this summer by restricting my access to it--I went to the grocery store once a week and bought a very small amount of food. I wouldn't get any food other than that since I didn't have a car (had to have a friend take me to the grocery store) and don't live near any place to get food. But at school, I eat every meal at a dining hall where there's unlimited food, very little of which is healthy and none of which is labeled for calories. I'm also vegetarian and there aren't many options, so I have to rely on eating a lot of rice, which is terrible for weight loss (way too easy to eat too much).

How do I manage to keep losing weight in this environment? I can't just avoid the dining hall; I've had to pay so much for the crazy-expensive meal plan that I can't afford to go out and buy my own food elsewhere. But I just don't have very much self-control, especially in a very social eating environment, and I'm petrified of losing all my progress. It's making me super anxious and not wanting to go back for this next year.

submitted by /u/DistinctCapital9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Uebvpu

No comments:

Post a Comment