Thursday, August 29, 2019

Diet Culture

Hey team,

I just wanted to give a shout out to everyone in countries where the diet culture is so ingrained in society. I moved to Canada last week and I've immediately noticed that there is a significant difference in attitude towards all things weight loss. This week, I've met people who work out for 3 hours every day of the week, and if they don't work out, they don't eat. It sounds naive, but I thought these extremes were only for influencers, models and the like, not regular students and working people.

I never realized how ingrained the 'thin is beautiful' mentality would be. So, mad respect to anyone on their weight loss journey in a country or community where weight/weight loss is so emphasized.

I wouldn't normally make a motivational 'you can do it!' post, but if there's one person that needs to hear this, it'll be worth the sappiness. Remember that comparing yourself to others isn't always fair, healthy, or helpful.

submitted by /u/wednesdaynightlive
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MJ3YxZ

No comments:

Post a Comment