Saturday, August 31, 2019

[rant] Had my wedding dress fitting today

I had my dress fitting today. I am down a few pants sizes, and many inches on my bust, waist, and hips.

I started IF+ walking and decided to not weigh myself due to my previous obsession with the scale. My pants began to get so loose and baggy my friends took notice. I then got the flu and unintentionally lost even more weight.

I suddenly fit back into the pants I never thought I’d fit into again. I am so dang happy. I’m feeling physically more capable!

Anyway, my dress is a stunningly beautiful dress. I picked it out months ago and I love it! Today was the first fitting. As this is a plus size dress boutique when they order it they measure every little part of you so it comes and fits likes a glove.

But today, it slid RIGHT off of me. The seamstress kept making snide comments to me about the weight loss.

“Why lose the weight?” “You were fine the way you were” “now I have to change the bones of the dress completely to fit you” “Why didn’t you like yourself before?”

I causally mentioned to my mother that I’m going to work out to tone my arms for the wedding as it’s a sleeveless gown and my mom knew it was because my arms are an insecurity. The woman didn’t like that either and added more comments.

At the time I laughed it all off, but now it’s 1am and I’m thinking about how crappy it made me feel for being judged for losing weight. I have noticed in those types of stores (plus size) it can be viewed down upon and not seen as being “body positive.”

I love myself , I love my body. I love my body enough to lose the weight that is adding stress to it. I love it enough to let it be as capable as it can be and work the best it can. I loved myself at 257 lbs, and I love myself now at 230.

before and after in dress

submitted by /u/fgfrf12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PyPeDR

No comments:

Post a Comment