Monday, August 26, 2019

I lost 20kg and people pointing it out makes me uncomfortable, how can I say "please stop" without being an asshole

I lost 20kg (40lbs?) in 2 months due to severe health problems. It bothers me how people react to my weight loss.

Before, if people told me to lose weight, I snapped back at them. Now people comment on how I look and say "I wish I could lose that much weight too" and it bothers me. I didn't lose weight because of balanced diet or exercise, I tell them, "I lost weight because I was sick for weeks. It was painful and terrible.", and most people get embarrassed and say that they only meant the kilograms lost, not the process behind it.

It makes me uncomfortable that people notice my body and comment on it. I don't want to hear what they think of my body shape. It's positive attention, so I can't reply like I used to when I was obese ("I didn't ask you, I didn't ask for your opinion, it's none of your business") and some people keep doing it even though I told them to stop. How can I get through to them without being rude? I never thought I would have this issue.

submitted by /u/natsuzora
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MEEaD5

No comments:

Post a Comment