Tuesday, August 27, 2019

[tip] I managed to maintain healthy weight loss while vacationing and still have a good time!

As in the title, in the last month I went on two vacations, spanning over 3 weeks, and have managed to continue steady weight loss over that period, but I still had a great time on booth!

I can't speak for everyone, but when you have a vacation coming up and you've been trying to loose weight, or just generally be more healthy, you feel a bit nervous, I think for the most part a lot of people go with the "I'm going to focus on having fun, and get back on track when I come home" approach, which is totally fine, but I personally wasn't happy with it.

Everyone seems to have accepted that you just, put on weight when holidaying/vacationing and I decided it must be possible to continue losing weight and still have a totally awesome time, without making huge sacrifices, it's your holiday after all.

So here are my tips from my experience this summer (these are a mix of diet/food related, and exercise related):

  1. Make the decision before you leave that you're going to commit to maintaining or losing weight over your vacation. This is by far the most important step, commit to it, and be ready to make an effort, as easy as this can be to do, it's just as easy to treat it like every other vacation you've been on, so decide it's what you want to do ahead of time.
  2. Set yourself a goal for how many days you're going to exercise. For my first vacation I was away for 15 days and challenged myself to workout on 7 of them, I ended up managing to work out on 10 days in total!
  3. Pick exercises you enjoy the most. While you're at home you might stick a routine that involves some things you enjoy, and others you hate, but mix things up for your holiday, pick the things you enjoy doing the most, and get the most out of, that way you're more motivated to do them, and they don't put a downer on your trip.
  4. You don't need to eat the same amount you used to on vacation to enjoy yourself. This is a big one, and took me totally by surprise, on vacations in the past I could chomp down a huge hotel breakfast, pizza for lunch, and a burger for dinner, no problemo, but having been eating healthily for 6 months, even having a big meal like a pizza or a burger once every few days felt like a huge treat, and knowing that I was still being making good food choices left me feeling just as happy as I ever did on any previous vacation. Other days I took the opportunity to try the local food that sounded healthy, or stuck with small portions.

There are plenty of other things such as, going on runs or hikes in new scenery, getting up before breakfast and going to the gym so you can enjoy the rest of the day however you want, but for me these 3 things made the biggest difference. So, while on the travel back my family were talking about how much weight they must have put on, I could chill knowing I'd lost a few pounds and still had a wonderful time.

submitted by /u/OllysCoding
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/341AeSi

No comments:

Post a Comment