Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Needing advice, wanting to hear what has worked for you all

Hey all! First time posting here.

So I'm currently 31F, I'm 5'9" and 277.2 pounds as of this morning. I've been overweight for the past 10 years, slowly creeping up to the weight I am today. I've never gotten to 280, and I really don't want to.

Currently I am walking 1.5 miles a day during the work week (and absolutely loving it!) and trying to drink all my water (140oz a day if interested) I'll make a list of my complaints about myself and what I've tried. I'd love advice please, I know what I need to do but sticking to it I haven't done.

Calorie counting stresses me out. If I eat a meal that I don't have the exact count for, it freaks me out. (Personally I think this is an underlying mental thing I haven't addressed yet, but if it's not "perfect" I essentially throw a mental fit and don't want to do it anymore)

The longest I stuck with weight loss was for 2 months. I did a 2 low calorie day and 1 high calorie day. I lost 20 lbs in that time, but I had a cheat day that turned into a cheat week that turned into cheat years.

I have trouble prepping my week of food, it's more of just being lazy, but also of what the heck do I eat?

In that note, what the heck do I eat? There are things that upset my stomach and digestion, but I keep hitting a wall when I think about what to eat. I think it's an emotional response. Food = pleasure so if I don't like it I don't want it.

I am addicted to sugar and energy drinks. I'll get off the energy drinks for a while, but inevitably something will upset me and I'll reach for my comfort drink. And then I'm drinking one a day for a week or 2.

If you read all that, thank you for making it this far. I am admitting my issues are very childish in my head, and it's really something I need to work through. If anyone has had an inner child dictating their emotions like this, what did you do to work through it?

submitted by /u/molly_dahling
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Zv0Pnd

No comments:

Post a Comment