Saturday, August 31, 2019

Started a very physical job three weeks ago and lost some weight! I am a bit worried about comments on my size, though. Explanation in the post! Looking for support and tips.

This has been the easiest weight loss I've ever had. I'm on my feet eight hours a day, sometimes doing really strenuous tasks. I don't weigh myself anymore, but I definitely lost some due to pictures I've taken and just physical changes I see in the mirror.

I am sort of concerned though, because somewhere around the 15 lb mark is when people start commenting on my weight loss. A lot of people on here think that's a good thing, but I don't. I have an eating disorder and body dysmorphia, and when people bring any sort of attention to my shifts in body weight, I get very uncomfortable. I also have self sabotaging tendencies, so when people bring attention to the fact that I've lost weight, I want to sabotage it, both to stop the comments and because of deep rooted negative beliefs that I have about myself.

I want to keep losing because I want to be happy with my body and also to be more fit, but there are some deep rooted insecurities and anxieties about weight loss. I need to learn to get better about not asking for people to talk about my size, but in the moment I get so flustered that it almost never happens. I just hate that people think they are entitled to talk about other people's appearance like that. People talk about how concerned they are for bigger people's health, but when I lose weight, the first thing I hear is I look so much better.

I really am trying to be happy for myself and keep the momentum going on this journey. I had a really good kick start with the job, and I don't want to give it up or start binge eating again. I want to keep this up. I wish I was at my thinnest again, in order to avoid all the attention during weight loss. Maintaining was easy for me for a while. I'm upset that I threw it all away, but this is where I'm at. People see me as the way I am now, and I have to take the shock that comes with me getting smaller.

I'd like this to be a discussion post, so feel free to talk about anything that resonated with you on here, or any sort of tips for dealing with all of this.

submitted by /u/Sushisavage
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HC6amv

No comments:

Post a Comment