Friday, August 30, 2019

One week into my weight loss journey, and I already feel better

I'm a 21M and 300lbs. My goal is 200lbs in about a year. I haven't been active since high school besides my semi physical job for two years that did more harm than good. In my new job, I'm sitting in an office the entire time.

I finally bought a gym membership and have gone for 6/7 days the last week. My first day, I struggled to speed walk a mile and a half. Today, I can speed walk 2 miles with some breathing, and I jog a quarter of a mile to finish. That's what I warmed up with the last two days. Then I weight lift for another 30 mins or until I physically can't. I'm not sure if it's a mental thing feeling that I've improved, but I know I feel better.

I've been trying to keep my calories under 1500, which I've done the last 5/7 days, but I think I'm going to settle for 2000. After an intense workout I get really hungry. I'm not following a specific diet, just significantly cutting back on sugar and carbs. Say my parents get some twinkies or something, and I'll just have one for the day, but make sure I consider it in my calorie count. I tried to do keto before, but I have a terrible sweet tooth, so I figured I'll not deprive myself of what I want as long as it's in moderation. I also have a cup of coffee about an hour before I leave work, with 3 shots of creamer and 3 packets of sweetener. I’m working on drinking the coffee without those.

I try to only eat two meals a day. One when I wake up, and one after the gym. I work graveyard, so days for me are kinda funky. I just consider it a new day when I wake up. Basically, a day for me is 8PM-9AM. I eat at 8pm before work, and again after the gym at around 7:30am. I try to sleep around 9/10am, and then the cycle begins again.

I haven't weighed myself yet. I'm more so looking at how I feel on a daily basis and how my clothes fit. I will weigh myself next week though, to see if I've made any progress. If anyone has any advice for working out or my diet based on this info, I'd appreciate it a lot.

submitted by /u/drakeanddrive
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NJgWvc

No comments:

Post a Comment