Monday, August 26, 2019

Normal to see worse after weight loss?

So. I am always hearing about how great people feel after losing weight. I’ve recently lost over 40lbs and I actually often times feel worse than I used too. Less energy, more tired, and overall not as energetic as before.

Let me give you some context.

My starting weight was 260lbs at 6 ‘2. I was fat, but I was the “strong and athletic” fat guy. Meaning I could run, hike, climb, and pretty much anything else at my weight. I never had a feeling that my weight slowed me down in anyway, and I always got the compliment of “its amazing how much energy you have and how nimble you are considering your size”.

Both of my teenage brother in laws are in weight training and football. They always made fun of me for being fat until one day I challenged them to a feats of strength contest.

I could lift more than them, do way more body weight exercises, hold a plank over twice as long as they could, and beat both of them in a 400 meter sprint. Never got made fun of again. These are teenagers who are doing daily practice for football.

Not saying all this to brag, just setting the scene. I was very physically capable, and never had any bad side effects of being fat other than not fitting into my clothes. But my knees never hurt, feet never hurt, all my numbers came back pretty much perfect from the doctor. Prior to getting fat I was a full time athlete, like 10 hours a day of training, every day. Weights, sprinting, and being a sponsored skateboarder. When I was 260 lbs I felt great, only a bit of embarrassment for being the fat guy.

I started my weight loss journey about 2 months ago, and while I have lost over 40 lbs I am always feeling sluggish and tired. I am Ofcourse eating at a deficit, but usually hit around 1800 calories on a keto diet, with a focus on higher protein over fat. My TDEE is around 2200 so I am not that far into a deficit so I don’t feel like I am starving myself. I just feel so low energy, tired, and having a hard time focusing on anything.

Has anyone experienced this? Does it just take more time?

submitted by /u/skatephotographer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZC4X9i

No comments:

Post a Comment