Thursday, August 29, 2019

weight. loss. is. not. linear. what 5 years of losing looks like.

Hi everyone,
Here is agraph of my weight loss from 2015 through 2019.
HW 165 CW 125
I don't have that much weight lost, relatively. I'm a lifelong, chronic yo-yoer, and I just wanted to show anyone who's interested what it looks like to fight for five years to lose 30 pounds.
It's not easy when you don't know how to eat normally. It's honestly a huge and ongoing battle. I still don't have all the good habits you're supposed to. Maybe one day. I know I like a lot more vegetables and fruits than I used to and I know I can't eat a full box of Oreos in one sitting multiple times a week. But I'm SURE that I could eat a full box of Oreos in one sitting without feeling very sick. I still want to sometimes.
I still eat a lot of shit and don't exercise regularly. But I eat a lot more nutritional shit than I used to and I find myself craving physical activity in a way I used to never, ever feel. But it didn't come naturally and I still have to fight for it.
To my fellow yo-yoers who know what this is like: the battle is not impossible, and it is WORTH IT. And the permanent changes do come. But it's fucking slow.
Bottom line, this is still all about consistency. Mine has just had wild swings in the middle. But no matter how you're getting there and staying there... it is about having a consistent trend toward improvement. Over time.

submitted by /u/arma__virumque
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32oqNeb

No comments:

Post a Comment