Monday, August 26, 2019

Eating healthy, but never seem to lose weight. Frustrated!

Hello reddit! I am a 31 year old female who has been a little on the heavier side her whole life. I am 5’5” 150 lbs and fit into size 8. I have a very athletic body and put muscle on easily, I’m an avid gym goer who lifts weights and does cardio. However, I am constantly struggling to drop pounds. I’m not trying to become a size 2 or do anything drastic, but I would like to shed 10-20 pounds and fit into a size 6. Despite having good muscle tone, I have considerable “fluff” on top of it. A number of years ago I went on a super restrictive ketogenic diet and lost 30 lbs, but I was doing it for digestive issues and not for weight loss. During that time I dropped pounds effortlessly, but my periods were out of whack (got them every 60 days), felt “off” emotionally and mentally, and slept terribly. So when my digestive issues resolved, I resumed a more relaxed diet but retained similar ways of eating. Here is my current exercise and diet status:

Exercise: minimum 3 days a week, but I typically get in 5 days. I workout 45 mins - 1 hour. Cardio to warm up, followed by lifting weights (reps in the 12-20 range), then finish with cardio. Compound lifts (squats, deads, etc) are at the center of my workout. I used to do more HIIT but I currently have terrible plantar fasciitis and have been restricted to biking. I enjoy working out! Been active all my life, my biggest restriction is work hours and schedules but I find ways around it.

Diet: I should say that ever since I was a kid I have eaten what most people consider a healthy whole food diet. There was never junk food or soda in the house. I have always loved vegetables and fruits. I always drink water or green tea (without sugar). I try to cook for myself and I usually bring my own food to work. I describe my diet as paleo-inspired where I avoid sugar and grains, but I do eat dairy. I also try to be carb conscious without cutting them out completely. Here is what I currently eat in a day: Breakfast: Greek yogurt, walnuts, chia seeds, berries Lunch: hard boiled eggs, blueberries, chia seeds Snack: nuts, or apples w/ cheese, dark chocolate Dinner: meat with veggies and sweet potato

I should say I’m not perfect. There are occasions during an overnight shift where I will grab a bag of potato chips or have a candy bar. But I am disciplined 90% of the time, and it’s to a point where I don’t know what to eat anymore. I really don’t want to go back to that restrictive ketogenic diet I was on before because I physically felt terrible on it despite losing weight. Any thoughts or insights would be very helpful!

submitted by /u/BarbellGirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Zuiob5

No comments:

Post a Comment