Thursday, August 29, 2019

How do you fight the urge to become invisible again?

Hello!

I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post here. I'm sorry if this comes out as a humblebrag and I WILL delete it if so because that's not the intent.

So after being obese for literally most of my life I made some changes and I've lost over 40 pounds (gradually!). It's going slow now but that's okay because I'm focused on eating better and exercising and letting the weight loss happen as it will. I was happy, and proud of myself and the people who helped me get there. I'm still fat, but like I can buy the XL size at a regular store kind of fat. Work to be done still.

But now that I've lost a significant amount of weight, I'm facing a problem I hadn't foreseen: I don't like the attention.

Not just flirting or compliments (I also don't look those, if you weren't interested in me before I'm not interested in you now) but people coming at me to tell me how much I've lost and how much better I looks and yadda yadda.

It's stupid, I know but seeing them so happy I've lot weight makes me feel like my weight was SUCH a chore to them before and it almost (almost) makes me want to gain it back just so they will stop and leave me alone.

Does anyone else who's lost some weight face this problem? How do you get over it?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Crotalus6
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ztHxnI

No comments:

Post a Comment