Friday, August 30, 2019

[NSV] I didn't stress eat

SW: 225 CW: 215 GW: 180

Today I didn't stress eat. I've tried to start eating better and losing weight many times over the past year. It's been hard with kids and a job that is getting more frustrating everyday. I'm a stress eater, and it's been a rough year or two for stress in my life.

I've been going strong with intermittent fasting for 2 weeks now, which is the longest I've gone in a year and a half. My wife and I also joined a new gym that we're pretty excited too. I'm down 8 lbs already so I'm feeling pretty motivated.

Today though, I wanted to stress eat and give up. I have a person in management above me in my office who makes terrible decisions that affect me and my co-workers just about everyday. Today was no exception with a rather large blow on a project, and I started getting the urge to snack to help cope.

Not today Satan.

I went for a run around the neighborhood (I work from home some days). When I got back, I felt better, and I didn't stress eat. I've never been able to do that. I don't know what was different today, but I manage to fight the snack urges.

I have a long way to still, but this gives me hope that this is the last time I'll be starting a weight loss journey.

Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/csnewbie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZKVhoY

No comments:

Post a Comment