Friday, August 30, 2019

NSV: My Wedding Band Fits!!!

SW: 225 CW:210 GW: 150

This is my first small victory, but since I started IF/CICO a couple weeks ago, I can comfortably put on AND take off my wedding band. I had the jeweler size me properly, but by my wedding in July, I was bloated and my hands were almost too swollen for my husband to even put my ring on (I involuntarily told him to "spit on it" during the ceremony to get it to fit... oops). The day after the wedding (July 14, 2019), I took it off and I haven't put it on until today. It probably helps that it isn't hot as balls out anymore, but still I'll take it as a small win and motivation to keep on keepin' on.

I'm sure that my initial weight loss is mostly attributable to drinking 2.5-3 litres of water per day and that it will slow in the coming weeks, but it's still motivating despite not seeing any physical evidence (until today, that is). I have been doing IF 16/8, skipping breakfast for a green tea or maybe a black coffee. I thought skipping breakfast would be impossible but I don't even feel hungry until noon. I weigh out my food, 5 oz of lean protein, 5 oz of higher cal veggies (as many low cal veggies as I want, usually a salad), 5 oz of fruit and maybe rice cake. I do that for both lunch and dinner. I also stopped cooking with butter, oil, etc. and use chicken broth or low sodium soy sauce instead. If I get the "munchies", I'll just have some veggies or an apple or something under 100cal. I've also quit drinking and have replaced my nightly beers with zero calorie fizzy drinks (like Canada Dry). I'm not doing any intense exercise, just a 45 min walk with my dogs in the evening.

So far, so good! After struggling with my weight for so many years, I am finally making a difference and committing to losing weight for good.

submitted by /u/CheapestCucumber
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/346jNEa

No comments:

Post a Comment