Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Where to start after a recent weight gain.

I have two months off work and my kids will be in school, where/how do I start taking the first steps to weight loss?

Backstory: I was always physically active, ate sensibly, was a muscular five foot six, 125lbs. After I had my first baby l lost all the baby weight. My eating habits slipped a bit, but not terribly so.

Then I had my second and all hell broke loose. We lost several family members to sudden onset terminal illnesses. We moved three times in three years. I went back to work in a fast paced job. My oldest became a threenager.

I remained at the weight I was when I was about five months pregnant with my second for three years. Then this winter I put on an additional 10-15lbs amid an incredibly busy time at work. I am now likely pushing 160, and very little of that is muscle!

I don’t feel like myself. I don’t look like myself. My entire body feels foreign.

I’m taking two months off work for my mental health starting on Monday and I want to get physically healthy as well. But I don’t have a plan, it feels like the muscle memory is gone. How did I do this eight years ago? How do I do it now with kids? What the hell did I used to eat?

Can anyone recommend broad strokes for putting one step in front of the other as I start out? Tips or things that helped you get back on track?

Huge thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/bojangleswagles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30HNitY

No comments:

Post a Comment