Friday, August 30, 2019

[tip] A tip that helped me. Hope it helps you.

I have been doing this lose it thing for a while now and I kept running into the same problem that caused my weight loss to stall.

I work from home and when it was lunch time or dinner time I would have a meal planned out ahead of time. I had the number of calories in my phone already plugged in and I would tell myself “I’m only going to eat this amount of food and then I’m done”. I’d sit down to eat and as I was eating I would almost subconsciously save the most savory and delicious bite for the end of the meal to end on a high note. You know what I’m talking about. It’s that extra seasoned piece of chicken or that cheese filled crispy part of that casserole. The best bite. Once I finished that last bite I wanted more. Every single time. Sometimes I would cave and go back to fridge for something just to add a little bit more to my meal. Sometimes those extra add ons can add another 100-200 calories depending on what you get.

So last week I made a little change. I find that scrumptious delicious bite first. I eat that son of a gun and then proceed with the rest of my meal. I also try to make sure my last bite is nothing special.

This small change has made a big difference. My palate is satisfied and I don’t have that lingering “I need another bite” feeling. If you think about it, by not adding those extra little bits you could be subtracting 300-1000 extra calories a week. So in the long run it matters. I think it’s all about habits and life transformation. We’re in this for the long all and maybe this little habit change can help someone else out there too! I doubt it works for everyone but I hope it does at least help someone.

submitted by /u/Aint_gettin_jokes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2L9qNJe

No comments:

Post a Comment