Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Weight stagnating. Help?

SW: 150Ib CW: 143.6Ib GW: 130Ib

A little background: I am a 5'5", 20yo female. Last year, my weight was generally hanging around 140Ib, and it wasn't something I paid attention to. I was fit, had a flat stomach, and damn good thighs. That changed this past Christmas. I had been going gluten free due to health issues since I was 15. However, I was still having a lot of bad IBS, so I kind of figured "fuck it. I'll have a donut. I don't care if it kills me". The donut didn't make me sick, and I then came to the realization that wheat was not going to murder me. I went on a dessert-binge, and quickly gained weight. It was a three week long vacation, and it ended with my loosest jeans fitting uncomfortably tight. I quickly lost some weight upon arriving home, but the extra ten pounds kind of stuck around. I vowed to lose weight last semester, but under the stress of 19 credit hours of STEM, frequent all-nighters, and my immune system crashing. I made attempts to work out, but I would end up sick with something a few days later. Then, in April, I tore my ACL. This effectively ended gym-time for me. Once summer hit, I had ACL surgery.

This semester started only a few weeks ago. I have been working out at least 4 days a week, and put myself on a 1200-1300 kCal diet with an 1800 limit on Fridays and Saturdays. Initially, I lost 5 pounds. Then, the weight loss started to stagnate. On Sunday, I was 143Ib exactly. I just weighed myself, and seem to have gained back another half-pound.

Here are the differences between when I first started, and the last ten days. 1) I usually work out in the afternoons. Today, I weighed myself in the evening. 2) I've been eating less carbs. Instead of my diet being 50% carb, it is now an even ratio of protein, fat, and carbs. Most of my diet consists of fruits, meats, and cheeses (protein bars and eggs also make frequent appearances) 3) I've actually been working out. Muscle definition in my injured leg started returning this week and the difference between now and a few days ago is oddly large. Furthermore, I started arm-weights last week again.

Is this muscle gain or is there something I need to do to alter my diet?

submitted by /u/EatsAtomsRegularly
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34hdwFY

No comments:

Post a Comment