Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Someone noticed.

I've been working, very slowly, on losing weight this year. I've lost 25 lbs, which both feels like too little and so much all at the same time. I already feel so much better and have started exercising on occasion (I'm not making a huge deal out of working out regularly just yet because I want to really focus on my eating habits. I'm very good at using regular, intense workouts as an excuse to eat extra food I don't need). I've been a little stuck at my current weight, but have stayed determined and tried not to sweat it too much.

Today I was at a nanny job I haven't been at for a while. The neighbor stopped by and we hung out in the backyard with the littles. As we were talking, she stopped, looked at me, and said, "You look really good. Have you lost weight?" I almost cried. No one has naturally noticed my weight loss. If I mention it's something I'm working on or reference a recent workout, they might say something, but she was the first to just randomly notice my hard work. Even though I've been struggling recently (and I'm making the needed adjustments to start on the downward trend again), I've still lost twenty five whole pounds. It's only a fraction of what I have to lose, but I'm 25 lbs closer than I was in January. And it's enough for someone to notice.

submitted by /u/littleroseygirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MOePH1

No comments:

Post a Comment