Sunday, August 25, 2019

Feeling really proud of myself, even though my weight loss journey hasn’t been perfect so far

24F / 5’4” / SW: 202 lb / CW: 167.4 lb. / GW: 130 lb.

I’ve been struggling with depression, OCD, ADHD, and impulse control for a long time. My inability to stop eating junk to make myself feel better eventually landed me squarely in the obese BMI range. But last year, a medication change and a lifestyle change really helped me start getting my mind in a healthier direction. Last December, my psychiatrist told me that I seemed a lot better mentally, so maybe it was time to start focusing on my physical health, too, and try to lose some weight.

Mid-January, that had been on my mind for a month, but I hadn’t really done much. But one day, for whatever reason, I had a moment where I really committed. I felt so unhappy with my weight, and I knew that to lose weight, I would actually have to buckle down and keep track of where I was, where I wanted to be, and so forth. So I put up a piece of paper on my fridge. It had the date, my current weight, and my waist measurement. At the top, I had a long term goal, a short term goal, and a mid-term goal. Every week, I’ve written the date and my new weight. Every so often I’ll measure my waist, too, but not as regularly.

Guys, today my progress got to the bottom of that page. Looking over the page, I can see the plateaus, the times when I gained a little weight, and times I’ve done really well. But guys, I’ve lost almost 35 pounds. My waist is 4.5 inches smaller. I’m out of the obese BMI range and down into the overweight range. This never would have been possible before. Even when I had setbacks, I didn’t give up. For me, that is huge. So today, I’ve put up a new page. I still need to lose another 37 pounds to get to my goal weight. I can’t believe I’m still sticking to this seven months after I started. I’m halfway there, and it feels so much more doable than it did when I started.

Don’t let the bad days get you down, guys! Keep yourself accountable. Eat those vegetables! Have one cookie instead of three or five. Take a walk and get some fresh air. Drink lots of water. Be kind to yourself, but keep pushing forward. You don’t have to lose weight fast, you just need to keep working at it, and you’ll get there eventually. It feels so good!

submitted by /u/confuzzedSparrow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Pce1gZ

No comments:

Post a Comment