Saturday, September 14, 2019

287-219 — What I did and What I’m Still Doing- For the Newbies Out There!

Hi everyone! So I have made a few posts in the past, but I realized I have a lot of info I’d like to share with you guys! Most of this info came from this subreddit because it’s where I gained all motivation and got all advice, so what I’m going to tell you isn’t new information, but I’d still love to share šŸ˜Š . I reached my highest weight of 287 while I was visiting my dad for Christmas. I’m 5’6/20/F for anyone curious. I felt like many of you probably feel. I was unhappy, but I just for some reason could not put the food down. So there I went, down the rabbit hole of google. My search results probably looked something like “How to lose weight fast” and “10 foods to avoid”. The outrageously contradictory pages flooded my screen and I was already overwhelmed. But then I stumbled across r/loseit. My first advice to you, even if Reddit ends up not being your thing, is to find people like you with the same goals and struggles who can encourage you to keep going. For me, that was this subreddit.

-Some great things I learned:

•Calculate your calories on a weekly budget. For example, you ate 200 over yesterday. Eat 200 less than your goal out of the rest of the week to makeup for it. (If your goal is 1500, then eat 1300 the next day.)

•Weighing every day at the same time is important and watch your TRENDS. Preferably right after you go to the restroom in the morning is when you should weigh in. This isn’t something that necessarily assisted me in losing the weight but it does help a little mentally. You know how accurate it is if it’s the same every day, and if it fluctuates up you can reflect and learn what works for your body.

•I have seen a lot of people on this subreddit struggle with their mental health from becoming obsessive with weighing themselves. There are different methods you can try! Measure your waist/arms/legs etc. in place of weighing in or even buy a pair of pants too small and try them on regularly. Don’t hurt your mental health when repairing your physical.

•For the women: periods cause fluctuation. I normally plateau while I’m on my period, but drop a few lbs at once after it’s over. Track your period alongside your weight to avoid becoming discouraged when the time of the month hits!

•Have you ever heard of a diet where you can eat whatever you want and still lose weight? Well that’s what CICO is. Count the calories on every single thing and if you’re within your budget, you will lose weight. If you’re a volume eater like me, you’ll learn pretty quick to avoid a slice of cake that takes up half of your budget in one sitting or the piece of pizza that puts you 500 cals over. In a way, your diet will change, but you don’t have to get rid of the foods you absolutely love.

•Dont know how many calories you should be eating? Google TDEE calculator, and then subtract 500 calories for 1lb a week or 1000 for 2lb a week. But do not fall below 1200 calories as it is dangerous to your health!

•Buy a food scale. Not only does it help you be more accurate, but it helps you eat less. Maybe for your sandwich you didn’t need an entire serving of mayo, you only needed .45 of a serving. By measuring the grams, you are able to do this without all the crazy math and dirtying 10 measuring cups for one meal.

•I am still learning. If you know of something I forgot please let me know! I’m not done with my weight loss journey, so if anyone is looking for someone to talk to, needs a buddy, or anything just message me. Whatever age, whatever weight, don’t worry. I am here for you, and I know you can do it!!

**edited a few times to fix formatting

submitted by /u/dakotalynngonser
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2I7wPbg

No comments:

Post a Comment