Wednesday, September 18, 2019

70 lbs down in just shy of one year!

Hit a huge mile stone 2 days ago but I wanted to make sure it took before I was too excited. However 3 days in a row I am still 146! Which is 70 pounds lost since I started January 4th of last year! I still have some more vanity pounds I would like to lose (10-20 depending how I look and feel) but I'm excited to officially be in a healthy weight range. I really want to thank this sub for all the motivation. I'm not a huge poster or commenter but I check in every day. Reading people's successes and failure really helped keep my head in the right space to not give up like I have so many times before.

I don't want to drag on but the basic gist of how I lost it is the same as most of you: CICO. I use MyFitnessPal and log every single thing I put in my body even on a gross cheat day. I knew I ate badly pre weight loss start but you don't really realize how badly until you start logging it 😬 I also really had to stop drinking my calories. I still indulge occasionally but no more 4 beers after work almost every day, no more soda at all, and my Starbucks order went from a chai tea latte to an iced unsweetened green tea. I also started paying attention to what I actually like: I don't love spaghetti, I love spaghetti SAUCE so now I put it over veggies! I love Mexican food, but the tortilla is my least favorite part so why not make a burrito bowl instead.

I did workout through the entire process, but weight loss is 💯 about diet. I worked out to: keep me accountable, have some extra cushion in case my calorie count was off, build muscle so my maintenance calories were higher, help with loose skin, and honestly just to give myself a hobby that wasn't drinking and eating while watching Netflix. I never made it a point to eat back my exercise calories though, the tracking is just too unreliable and they were supposed to be my safety net against bad labeling (we all know it's legally allowed to be off by a certain amount)

I'm happy to answer questions if anyone has any! I'm also a vegetarian (started WAY pre weighloss) if anyone else is and finds that helpful. And my workouts of choice were: pilates on a reformer, aerial yoga, wall yoga, hot yoga, pure barre.

Here are my progress pics if anyone is interested. Thanks for reading my story.

submitted by /u/Stunning_Wolverine
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34SpmGM

No comments:

Post a Comment