Monday, September 16, 2019

A lot of people probably don't comment on your weight loss because they really don't pay that much attention to your body.

Was chatting with a friend today who I think might have lost quite a bit of weight, but I really can't be sure at all. We see each other about once a month or so, and I'm only wondering because I know she was on a low carb diet last summer. I feel like maybe I think she used to be a lot bigger than she is now, but I don't carry a mental catalogue of my friend's bodies. She quite possibly could have lost 100 pounds or more, but how she looked last year is really not fixed in my mind - why would it be?

The point here is that she might feel hurt that nobody has commented, but there is no way on gods green earth that I am going to comment until she has lost 200+ pounds (again, not got a mental encyclopedia of weight equating to a person's shape, just a general, vague sense) because I am not ever ever ever going to embarrass my friend, and if I ask if she has lost weight I will be saying "wow, in my head you are reeeeeeaaaaally fat, way fatter than you are now". And if she hasn't lost weight that would be so, so, awful and rude and hurtful.

So don't lose hope if people aren't commenting, it's not because we don't love you, but that we do love you and don't spend our days analysing your body, plus we don't want to hurt your feelings.

submitted by /u/Ninotchk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3047SaK

No comments:

Post a Comment