Friday, September 13, 2019

Down 21 Pounds in 23 Days! or... Yesterday’s “Oh Shit” is Today’s “Hell Yeah!”

I have a long way to go in my journey but I feel the need to share my sub-240 milestone for a reason. Sometime within the last year, I stepped on a scale and it said 240. My heart sank. I was beside myself. It was the heaviest I had been in my entire life and I swore to myself I would make a change. My girlfriend and I decided to run a half marathon, so we trained with some intensity for a few months. I ended up doing pretty well, somewhere in the top half of the results (about 3,000 runners), and I stopped looking at the scale. That goal had supplanted my weight loss goal and been achieved.

Three months after running that race, I was 260 pounds. Ho-ly shit.

I hired a personal trainer. I figured if I had a fiscal responsibility to stay on target, I would be more likely to succeed. So far, I was right. I’ve cut out starchy carbs and added sugars, cut my portions in half, stopped drinking, and work out as many days as I can every week. I don’t feel like I’m starving, I’m full of energy, and as of this morning, I’m under 240lbs.

The same numbers that inspired dread less than 12 months ago inspired elation today. All this to say success in weight loss and in life is personal and relative to your current self. Keep pushing and striving to better who you are now, and the things that bothered you in the past will cease to have power over you.

Love you all.

submitted by /u/ReggieLedouxYouParty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZR7kVP

No comments:

Post a Comment