Thursday, September 12, 2019

Finally lost weight after years of failure, I am now told “You don’t look good”.

Excuse my formatting as I am on mobile.

I’ve had thyroid issues for years now which has caused my weight to fluctuate. I’d jump from overweight to obese to overweight again. My whole life I’ve always been considered the fat sister in the family. After struggling to lose weight following the birth of my son I finally learned about nutrition and portion control and got my weight under control.

I started with CICO but switched to IF because I felt more energetic. I lost about 50 pounds in 18 months. For the first time in my life I am a healthy weight. You would think my family would be happy for me... nope. A family member called to let me know they saw a recent photo of me and that I don’t look good. I’m too skinny, I’m photoshopped looking and I need to eat more. That I must be depressed and not taking care of myself to be so thin.

Technically I’m still 3 pounds away from a normal BMI, and sometimes I still feel self conscious. But I’d be lying if I didn’t say that hurt. Wish I had the support of my family in this journey! But I’m not going to let their lack of support get in my way! I heard it’s pretty common for people to make comments after a large weight loss, just seems rude to me to be anything but supportive!

submitted by /u/jviillian
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2I2MsAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment