Friday, September 13, 2019

Weight loss plateau (1.5 month): what am I doing wrong?!

I (F 5'9") have lost 31lb since January of this year. The first 'part' of this was unmonitored, i.e. I didn't check my weight from January (253lb) until the beginning of June (242lb). The second was from the start of June until the beginning of August, when I went from 242lb to 222lb. Since the beginning of August, I have lost and gained the same 2lb repeatedly, and it's becoming extremely frustrating.

When I lost the first 11lb, I was still eating like crap but significantly less of it. For the next 20lb, I did keto. I stopped keto and the end of July because I was having incredibly strong carb-cravings. Since then, I've been doing calorie control... which has not been working for me.

Your first thought will probably be exactly what mine was: you're seriously underestimating your calorie intake. So I decided to keep a food diary for a week, and found that I was eating no more than 1500kcal on a normal day, and about 2000kcal if I went off-plan and ate something I shouldn't. And there were very few off-days over the last month and a half. Along with cutting calories, I've been going to the gym no fewer than four times a week, doing twenty minutes of cardio and about forty minutes of strength training at a time. According to the BMR/TDE calculator I used (https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ ), my TDE is around 2200kcal per day when my activity level is set to 'sedentary'.

So what am I doing wrong? Has anyone else experienced this? Do I just go back on keto? The carb-cravings were pretty awful, but maybe they'd be worth it to see if I can get past this? V much appreciative of any and all advice, TIA

submitted by /u/AquaticDramatic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZVJUyh

No comments:

Post a Comment