Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Finally taking back my life

I have been obese my entire life, and this past January I stepped on the scale and saw that I was 266lbs, my highest weight I can remember. I figured that I had two options: I’m a tall girl (5’9”) and hold my weight pretty well, so I could try and hide my weight and continue letting it hold me back or I could get real and do something about it.

That January, I did Whole30 and lost 15lbs. At the end of Whole30, I went right back to my old eating habits because the lifestyle was not sustainable for me. I managed to maintain my 15lb loss and was around 250 when I found intermittent fasting here on reddit in July. I figured I’d try it and stick with it to see what would happen if I didn’t give up this time. I mainly do 16:8 and CICO, with eating closer to maintenance on weekends.

As of last Friday, I’m officially down 40lbs from my starting weight. I cannot remember the last time I was 225lbs but I’m guessing it was my early teens (I’m 20 btw). I’m really starting to feel proud of myself for getting this far! I have never lost this amount of weight and i’m excited to continue and have a goal of being under 200lbs by the New Year. I wanted to share with someone but I feel like it would be awkward preaching about weight loss to my family/friends irl so I decided to share with y’all!

p.s. this is my first post so sorry for any mistakes!! :)

submitted by /u/vntgez
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2M2LHbU

No comments:

Post a Comment