Monday, September 2, 2019

Free food at new job with no nutrition info - should I give up on CICO?

Hi there! I'm starting a new job at a company where I'm going to have access to free food. I'm not talking a box of donuts in the break room, I'm talking free breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, dessert, you name it. Every day.

I've been on the weight loss journey since December and have lost ~15lbs. I used CICO and started exercising 4-5 days a week. I packed my lunch every day and learned a lot about portion sizes and getting the right kind of macros in my diet.

But now, both for financial and social reasons, I'm not willing to keep packing my lunch every day. I want to make friends at my job, I don't want to be the "weird" person surrounded by delicious catering and eating a homemade salad. More importantly, this is going to cut my grocery bill down a ton, and I'm not in a position to turn those savings down - gotta find ways to pay those student loans! 🙃

There isn't going to be any nutrition info on any of the food. While I know I can estimate some things pretty easily (e.g. chicken breast) there might be days where the lunch options will be hard to log (e.g. a salad that looks healthy but could be loaded with a questionable number of highly caloric nuts). Should I just stop trying to log, give up on CICO and try something else (like intuitive eating)?

I've already technically made it into the "healthy" BMI zone (5'8" female, 165lbs starting weight, 150lbs current weight, 140lbs goal weight) so if I was able to maintain at this weight through intuitive eating I would be okay - my biggest concern is just gaining it all back now that I won't be able to track as well.

My understanding is that intuitive eating is best for maintenance because you don't really "intuitively" eat under your daily calories most of the time. It's something I've really struggled with (even now I have a hard time reading hunger and fullness signals I just eat at the right times of day). So I'm not sure I'd be very good at it, but I'm wondering if it would be a better option that trying to track calories of foods where I could be way off all day, every day.

If you made it down here, thanks for reading - i'm open to any and all advice and words of wisdom!

submitted by /u/tech_deck_dude
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PDErs7

No comments:

Post a Comment