Monday, September 2, 2019

22yr 5'10 M 336lb > 216lb! (some progress pics) Extremely happy though still feeling quite overweight and unsure about my weight goal

Hello everyone, first post ever on this sub (apologies in advance for the probably crappy post, not the best writer, ill try to make it short, though any questions are more than welcome), i've been a lurker for quite some time and it's always been a great place to get motivation and get to know other peoples successes and struggles, very common during weight loss hehe.

Like the title says, ive made a huge change in my life and to my body by losing over 130 pounds and counting.

I've been overweight since I was a child, probably obese after 12 years old or so, been on many diets and trained with different people and what not but my first real weight loss success came in 2015, when I was 18 years old and started seeing a nutricionist and going to the gym with a personal trainer, by that time I weighed around 320lb. The nutricionist recommended me a meal plan that I liked, which basically consisted of eating toasts for breakfast, red meat for lunch with a salad and chicken with also a salad for dinner. This was a very basic menu which worked for me, since i hardly ever get tired of eating the same thing every day, I think that made everything way easier, since i wouldnt have to be thinking what I should it the next day and whether it was okay for me to be eating that, etc.

Fastforward a year and I had lost 90 pounds. Was feeling pretty happy about myself, sadly was still leading a very sedentary life style and listen to this: from mid 2016 to feb 2018 I managed to somehow re-gain ALL of the weight and put on an extra 23 lbs, yeah... How did it happen? I stopped doing the meal plan and I just didn't know how to eat properly. So started binge eating again. You get so confident that you won't regain that weight and that's really untrue, especially if you have an eating disorder like I did and still do, at some extent.

So, feb 2018 weighed 343 pounds 49. something BMI, I knew that if i kept on that track I'd have an early death probably and that thought really scared the shit out of me, but whenever i had it, i just tried to think of something else and kept doing other things, mostly playing video games. Thankfully I somehow called my bullshit and began my weight loss journey, again... Started with the same meal plan and began losing weight, though this time around, after losing 30 pounds or so, I began acquiring more knowledge about how weight loss works and of course what helped me the most was this subreddits amazing FAQ and understanding a bit more about CiCo and what not.

I went from 320lb in feb 2018 to 264lb around december of that year and from there to my current weight which is 216lb.

So, going to todays problems:

(Yes, even after losing 130 pounds, I still have weight problems and have bad days where I feel bad about my body, thankfully its a sensation that goes away quickly for me after reminding myself where I started and looking at older pictures, which is a GREAT confidence booster :P)

I see my body being a lot skinnier of course but I always thought that around this weight I'd have a different body composition (more loose skin but smaller belly), this brings up the question about what my goal weight should be. My nutricionist insists that I'm at a good weight and should try to mantain it and just keep building muscle at the gym. She talks about my possible weight being around 205/212lb and that there's fat that you can't lose (visceral fat was it called?), which kinda brings me down to be honest, as you can see in the pictures there's still quite some fat visible.

I feel more in control than ever with my current eating (1750 calories per day/150g protein) and really enjoy going to the gym (doing a 3day routine they gave me).

My question is, is it true that there's fat you just cant lose due to all the years of being obese? If so, would it be possible for me to achieve a normal body look? To be honest, i don't mind the loose skin, as you can see in the pictures, there's already some in my waist.

Anyways, here are some progress pics, (still looking for some full body pics of me at 340lb but i dont know if i have any, didn't go out much and my self esteem was too low, so you'll only see the face gains for now hehe)

https://imgur.com/a/7KDJfy7

Thank you for reading and sorry for the long post, I feel like i left some things out, so again, feel free to ask me anything! <3

submitted by /u/username_smileyface
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Lh5sxr

No comments:

Post a Comment