Sunday, September 15, 2019

How do I balance losing weight and keeping my borderline eating-disorder in check?

I’ve wanted to lose weight for a long time. I’m not overweight - I’m right at the upper end of my healthy BMI range - but I feel unfit, sluggish and not proud of my body. The problem is, I’ve always gone about it by adopting fad diets, drastic cutting measures or even just not eating for as long as I can - I’ve even tried purging and diet pills.

I’ve realised two things recently: firstly, that it’s probably these habits which have actually hindered my weight loss, and secondly, that I’ll never be happy (no matter how much weight I lose) if I don’t also learn to love my body. It’ll never be perfect.

So what I’m wondering is, how do I balance these two things? I want to lose weight and learn to love myself at the same time, but I don’t quite know how to do that without tying all my self-esteem into my weight-loss success.

submitted by /u/HowAboutBiteMe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30fuTUp

No comments:

Post a Comment