Thursday, September 5, 2019

I don't understand calories

Long time lurker, first time poster. This sub has been incredibly motivating in the past. Thank you everyone for posting and helping each other out. I'm here with something that I just do not get.

The consensus on most subreddits dedicated to weight loss are that you should never eat less than X amount of calories a day or week. Currently I'm trying to lose weight (day 4/61) and my calories, if counted, are about 1000 a day. I'm 187 cm (6'1) and started last monday at 97 kg (214 lbs). I work in an office job and have recently stopped playing sports (but I do play drums about 4-5 hours a week). With all of this information, people would say I am eating too few calories and that this will result in a giant list of bodily malfunctions.

The catch being; I've done this before for 10 straight weeks. This was last year and I went from 104 kg (229 lbs) to 92 kg (202 lbs). A friend of mine even went above and beyond and lost 18 kg (40 lbs) total in those 10 weeks. Sure we were hungry, but we persisted. During those 10 weeks we never really felt tired, we never felt like we were fainting... The only "bad" thing is that our hands were cold as ice. Also, we went back to eating regularly but there wasn't really a case of a jojo effect. The 5 kg I've gained since has been building gradually for 8 months (and I know what caused it).

My question is, why shouldn't I eat just only 1000 calories a day if it's effective for me? If it has worked before, why not again? I get that I weigh less but would 12 kg in total really be enough to negatively effect my body?

submitted by /u/Holy-Cornholio
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zQS7VY

No comments:

Post a Comment