Wednesday, September 4, 2019

I started losing weight- and then I came to college

18F, 5'5", last time I checked I weighed 155 pounds, but I'm afraid I may lose more. My goal is to weigh 120lbs.

My weight loss has been sporadic. In 2017, I weighed about ~150lbs. That summer, I went up to 160lbs. I got sick in 2018 and in May my lowest weight was 139lbs. Now, in September 2019, I'm at 155lbs.

I finally found a method of weight loss that worked for me- intermittent fasting. I had tried full on water fasts, but I could never get past the 1st day, and then I would binge on food to compensate. I lost 4 pounds in my two weeks of intermittent fasting, I went from 156 to 152.

Then I got to college.

I'm a freshman, and they had many events going on the first week. Everywhere I went, free pizza, free icecream, free cookies. I have horrible impulse control, so of course I ate all of that junk. I haven't checked my weight since I came to school, and I'm honestly afraid to know.

Even after all the events calmed down, I still have trouble controlling my food intake. My friends always want to meet up after class for food in the dining halls. I can literally get as much food as I want there, and it's already covered by my meal plan. This much access to readily available food is horrible for me, due to my impulsiveness. When I lived at home, I never had this problem. Not to mention their icecream machines. I can literally get as much icecream as I want. It's bad.

When my friends ask to meet up for food, I feel compelled to say yes. I don't want to be left out of the group. However, whenever I go into those dining halls, I eat. sometimes a lot. I can't go in there and not eat. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to be left out.

submitted by /u/xcuteikinz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32otpbK

No comments:

Post a Comment