Wednesday, September 11, 2019

I'm going to cry once someone finally notices I've lost weight

I swear I've read every article on this topic that my google searches have produced, and dug through the archives of this reddit for anything even slightly related to "when will people notice.." and yet I just can't get enough (sounds like the exact problem that got me to this weight lol).

Basically, I'm very aware that dieting takes time, that this is a marathon not a sprint, that I'm making lifelong changes not overnight changes, and that the "paper-towel effect" is very much a thing.... That being said, I'm still just SO freaking impatient with my weight loss and I'm so desperate to see some visual payout for my hard work. Like I just want even the tiniest nugget of visual confirmation that I'm beginning to look just slightly less obese and slightly more normal.

I've restarted my weightless efforts and I'm just so anxious and the wait to finally see some noticeable, visual changes has got me absolutely tortured.

Been at it for nearly 2 months now, with daily exercise, and most importantly, strict and low, daily calories (so low that even if I was off by a bit, I'd still be losing. But I'm very careful to weigh everything and/or only eat foods with predetermined portions/calories, like frozen lean meals, so I doubt I'm off by anything more than maybe 20 calories at worst).

I know 2 months isn't long in the big picture (especially since I had/have about 100lbs to lose in total to reach my UGW), and I've been taking photos every 3 weeks just to see if that helps me track changes but nope, nothing. Despite having lost weight and more or less dropped a pant size, I look exactly the same. Not even sure how it's possible but that's the case.

I read all these stories of people saying they were losing weight so fast that clothes were falling off and people were constantly commenting and I'm like okay, when is this going to happen for me..??? No one can apparently tell at all. And last summer, I lost over 60lbs and only one person noticed. I finally told another friend and she got flustered and apologized and was like oh, yeah now that you mention it, I think I can tell! I was just defeated that all that work and all the weight lost translated into literally no physical change. People still apparently thought I looked the same as I did with an extra 70lbs on me. Like why even bother if I will forever look like I'm massively obese ya know?

Just really hoping this time, since I'm starting up again at a lower starting weight and adding exercise, that people will comment soon/sooner? Please share with me motivational stories if you felt the same way and how good it was when people FINALLY could see a difference. I need some personal, anecdotal inspiration that my time is coming, eventually. :(

submitted by /u/Otherwise_Sno
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Lqbxrp

No comments:

Post a Comment