Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Getting pretty close to throwing in the towel and letting obesity win

Not looking for advice, I just want to vent. I've been making glacial progress with weight loss because I've chosen to do it entirely through diet. Recently I started trying to eat less meat and more vegetables in an attempt to eat healthier and with the help of ginger supplements, I was able to kill my appetite and go back to eating one meal a day. I seemed to make a little more progress, but then I have a single cheat day and gain it all back. Nothing big and no binging, just kind of, "I think I'll have a little ice cream along with my one meal." Apparently that makes me gain back 4 pounds.

I'm just getting really sick of putting forth effort, going without, being miserable and hungry all day long, measuring/weighing out meals and drinks (the kinds with calories, anyway) and eating below my recommended calorie deficit only for the scale to say the same thing. It just seems like I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing, but my body isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing. It's pretty frustrating, and honestly, if I'm going to be the same weight whether I behave myself in regard to food or eat like a pig, I think I'll just eat like a pig and say my current weight is my new goal weight. I'm just very tired of fighting a battle for which there seems to be no victory.

I tried. We can't all be winners, I guess.

submitted by /u/CantFindMyChandelier
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2A9W34j

No comments:

Post a Comment