Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Lost my favorite weight loss cheerleader

My coworker D just left my company to pursue a great opportunity. I'm very happy for her, but sadder than I should be about her leaving.

I didn't see her often, but I met her on my first day, and when I started losing weight, she was one of the first to compliment me. From then on, every time I saw her, she'd remind "You're looking great! Keep it up!" It was really encouraging, and somehow always what I needed to hear. She was never super pushy, or judgey, or falsely motivational, or one of the ones telling me to give up or that I'd lost "enough" and to stop. Just quietly and consistently supportive. Some days, running into D was enough to make me reconsider a binge urge.

I'd been at maintenance for a bit (reached the halfway to final goal milestone and got married - decided to stick to "okay enough" and not have to pay a ton for alterations). I'm back on the bandwagon of tracking my calories, which is going well so far, but I'm going to miss my (roughly) weekly reminder as I start back up that it IS working.

I've got another ~60 pounds to lose before I hit my ultimate goal (mid-range of healthy BMI), and it's going to be harder without D. I wish more people were as awesome about it as she is.

submitted by /u/masteradon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Nn9syq

No comments:

Post a Comment