Thursday, September 5, 2019

Reached goal ... now what.

I’ve recently lost 15kg/33lbs and I’m struggling to keep motivation to remain here and feel a little uncomfortable in my skin.

I’m 178cm (around 5’10”), and was 83kg (183lbs) and now I’m down to 68kg/150lbs.

It took me 2 slow, gentle years to drop the weight through some healthier choices and a touch of Intermittent Fasting at a plateau. No mayor changes, just some small smarter choices.

I ran my first 10km in my life recently, and did it again a couple times. And I’m just kind of feeling indifferent now that’s I’ve reached my goal and did something hard like running that far (I’m not a runner!).

Have you lost your motivation before? How did you re-write your goals so that they fire you up still to be better? I was never unhappy with my body, but I guess I thought I’d feel a bit more proud or confident with 15kg down. Instead I just feel a bit ... awkward.

I’m pretty lanky (haha) and know that I should gain some muscle but find that progress harder to measure. I maintained my weight loss for 5ish months and purchased my reward jeans which are the same size and brand I wore when I was 22 and I’m nearly 33 - so that feels like. I want to remain here to keep fitting those expensive jeans! I thought I’d switch my goal down to 66kg/145lbs just to see if I could but my partner has told me I did look a little gaunt there for a bit and I’ve lost all my ass - so I don’t think I should refocus the weight target.

Thanks for the space to share! I’d appreciate your thoughts and any wisdom you have to share. :)

submitted by /u/roygeeeebiv
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32A9s1B

No comments:

Post a Comment