Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Today is a good day to try again.

Hey, Loseit! I’m back! And I’m here to stay. My weight loss journey could be a book, so I’ll try to keep it short and sweet- about 4 years ago I couldn’t participate in a pool event because I was too fat (I didn’t have a swimsuit and didn’t fit in any available.) I was so embarrassed and ashamed, and it was the kick I needed to lose the weight. I was on here all the time, learning amazing tips and tricks, laughing and crying right along with y’all. I realized the golden rule was right, and I did CICO successfully. I lost about 20-30lb, and I kept it off for over 3 years. I wanted to lose more but I lost momentum. Unfortunately, about 6 months ago I started a very stressful job I did not like. Without realizing it, to deal with the excessive stress, I ate and drank my way back up 15-20lb in about 3-4 months. I was depressed and I ate to deal with it. A story as old as time. Good news! I got a new job I’ll be starting in just a few weeks! I am no longer as depressed, and I am slowly finding my way back to myself. Bad news, I have to lose the weight again (and hopefully more!) because I don’t fit in any of my clothes and I’m not into what I see in the mirror. Why post this- 1. Accountability. Hopefully you’ll see me on here more (I gotta figure out how to set a flare...) 2. I never thought I’d be someone to regain the weight. So if anyone else is struggling with that shame, let it go. You’re not alone. You know what? Sometimes life sucks and we don’t deal with it the best. But I lived and I learned, and today is a good day to try again. Hopefully you try with me.

submitted by /u/WiskerLickinGood
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UZ9Nsm

No comments:

Post a Comment