Wednesday, September 18, 2019

People asking "how did you do it?" and then being disappointed when I tell them

I'm reaching a point in weight loss (finally) where a lot of people are starting to notice. Which means that now I'm getting a lot of questions about "wow, you've lost weight, how did you do it?"

My answer, honestly, is that I counted calories and exercised. Nobody wants to hear this. Everyone always looks disappointed at this answer. And I kind of get it, because I feel weird even saying it because it's a glaringly obvious answer and I'm not trying to make people feel stupid. But seriously... that's it. I count calories, and I exercise. Mostly counting calories.

So far nobody has asked me for more details or what app I use or anything like that. It's always just a disappointed look and sometimes a glum, "ha ha, you mean the things I'm supposed to be doing..."

I'm not trying to make people feel bad! I don't know, it's weird. Anyone else experience this and want to commiserate?

submitted by /u/DubiousBeak
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30xB7za

No comments:

Post a Comment