Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Put on ~50 lb and looking to make a change. Anyone in a similar boat?

Hey:)

I put on 50 lb, possibly more, in the last half year due to emotional eating.

I was being abused by someone who had started to abuse me since I was a child and I used food as a way to numb the feelings of fear, hopelessness, and sadness. I know that this was the wrong way to deal with it, and two of my friends said I look disgusting now and that I should have had some self respect and not let myself go, but at the time, food distracted me from getting beaten up and choked regularly and told i was going to be killed.

I was able to get out of that situation over a week ago and am staying at a friend’s and Monday I’m going abroad to live and be with my partner. He accepts my weight because he understands what caused me to eat so much.

After being at my friend’s I initially experienced and still do experience fear because my abuser called and also I’m scared of going outside but overall I feel much better and for the past two days I ate in moderation.

I ordered a scale and when I get it I’ll be able to tell how much I need to lose but I’d estimate I’m around 20 lb overweight.

I could use some supportive friends in my weight loss journey going forward so if any of this resonates please write to me:)

submitted by /u/laceysafeaccount
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/306tCTu

No comments:

Post a Comment