Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Very discouraged Today. Any advice?

Good morning everyone. I'm a F/38/5'10. I've been overweight for most of my life, and I've tried every "diet" out there. I have familial high cholesterol (600 untreated), got a kidney transplant last year, and have been diagnosed with "NODAT" or New Onset Diabetes Post Transplant (but let's be honest. I was super borderline prior and it was coming either way). I decided I was tired of being fat and unhealthy, and told myself I'd once again start a program. This time I joined Myfitnesspal and am eating under 1700 calories a day (I'm OK with slow weight loss. I need to learn to change my habits) and am doing None to Run, which I started Monday. Those things are going great, but I forgot to weigh myself Monday, and I started this week thinking I was about 260 and by next week I'd be in the 250s again. I was wrong. I got on the scale this morning at 267. I know it's not a huge difference, but it devastated me. Now I have to lose 7 more lb just to get to where I thought I already was. I have no desire to quit, but something in my brain is saying "You can't do this. That's 7lb and you already needed to lose 100". Something in me is sabotaging my efforts and this happens every time and I eventually give in. I KNOW I can do this, though. I was wondering if any of you have been here and how you got through it? I need to make this happen so I can finally be healthy and a good role model for my kids. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

submitted by /u/whalesharksarecool
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NRj3wY

No comments:

Post a Comment