Thursday, October 10, 2019

5'10" Male Just Starting My Weight Loss Journey

I've never made a post like this, especially one this long. I'm sorry if the formatting is bad. Also I understand no one might care, but I don't have anyone to share this with, want to record it for myself, and wanted to seek some acknowledgement I guess haha.

I used to have problems with toxic living environments that made it really difficult to cook at home. I ate out every meal. I've never cared much about food and it slowly transitioned to me eating fast food every day. I also only eat once a day usually. It wasn't intermittent fasting, it was just that whenever I ate I felt shame and bloated and any kind of activity after made me feel sick so I only did it at night when I got home. This went on from 18 to 25 years old. I didn't weigh myself, but I did participate in a migraine study before I got to my worst point and I was ~214 kilos or around 472 pounds (I'm in the US but the study used Kilos) at one point. I believe I got higher than that.

I couldn't stand for more than about 15 minutes at my worst (and that was with some extreme pain).

I moved into my own place unexpectedly last April. Since then I cook everything myself. It saves me a ton of money, and I needed to because I could barely afford life. I lived off of Rice a Roni for a couple months. At first I had to sit down and rest my back while cooking. After a couple months I noticed that I used to struggle to pull my belt to the first hole, and now I was on the third and could force the 4th with a little discomfort. I also fit in my car better. Short walks didn't bother me at all. Until then I had designed my life and planned all my walks so that I knew I could handle them, so I didn't notice the changes much. My work is very sedentary and I didn't notice it there either.

I eventually got to the point where I realized I couldn't even consider wearing my pants without a belt (something I used to be able to do) and even at the first hole in my belt I could walk out of them in 3 or 4 steps. I could also easily wear the belt at the 4th hole. I still hadn't weighed myself at that point. I decided I wanted to take it a little more seriously and I changed my diet to healthier (but still inexpensive) food and I ordered a scale.

I got my scale on 9/3/2019 and weighed myself the first time at ~446 pounds. I honestly felt pretty disappointed because I had hoped it wasn't that bad.

I decided to commit to intermittent fasting intentionally, (16/8 but really only eating once so sort of OMAD). I only drink water with 0 cal/sugar/carb flavor added or plain. I used to drink a ton of soda. I have a meeting once a week where I get a coffee from a cafe that satisfies my sweet tooth. I eat low carb and high protein (made up a stir fry recipe with chicken breast and veggies I like a lot). I also bought a gym membership and have been going for about 2 hours of light cardio a couple times a week (trying to do every other day but my feet get blisters).

I also met a girl online who is incredible. She knows what I look like and it doesn't bother her.

My current weight as of 10/10/2019 is 418.8 pounds. I will need a new belt soon. I honestly don't feel that accomplished because I'm so far from where I want to be, but I know I'm making progress and it feels good. I feel so much more energy and healthy than I did before. I don't tire out from simply walking anymore. I am really looking forward to changing my life. I want to go hiking. I'm not up to posting a pic yet, or even taking one of myself and really looking at it but I hope so soon.

submitted by /u/Totaldgenerate
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33nFtKG

No comments:

Post a Comment