Wednesday, October 9, 2019

A Question from a 5'1" Person to Other Shorties

SW: 214lbs GW: 114 CW: 186

Hi! I've been on my weight loss journey since I started getting gallbladder attacks and a doctor put me on a low fat diet in July (I've since gotten my gallbladder out, but the idea to stay on a diet stuck). Dieting has fairly easy and I introduce a lot of low impact bursts of exercise every day (lifting 3 pounds weights while watching 10 minute youtube videos like bon apetit, walking around while doing sudoku puzzles on my phone, lots of 'fidget' based exercise while watching tv; I know it's not a lot but I'm working m yway up to using my elliptical).

I average between 1.5-2 pounds lost per week--I'm really where I need to be.

I've enjoyed the process and I feel much better but aside from a slimmer face and slimmer ankles (seriously, JUST my ankles), I look essentially the same. As a shorter person, I sort of expected losing almost 30 pounds would show a bit more, the same way gaining 5 pounds on a small frame shows up more than on a taller person.

So I was wondering if other short people could offer any perspective on when the weight loss really started to show and where. My weight mostly culminates in boobs/stomach/thighs and yet it's only changing in my face/ankles (which were never that fat to begin with).

Progress pictures have helped! But it took losing 20 pounds for me to have the confidence to start that, so I still don't have that much of a reference.

TL;DR: If you're around my height--5 feet tall--when did you start really noticing the weight loss? I know it's different for everyone but I'm curious.

submitted by /u/particledamage
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30ZQssu

No comments:

Post a Comment