Saturday, October 19, 2019

A thread for those of us who's brains are not keeping up with our weight loss progress. (It's a long Post :) )

f/28/sw236.6 -> cw190.0.

I was going to wait until I officially was at 50 pounds lost to say thank you to the community for being a source of motivation over the past year. In February I kind of just decided that it was time to lose weight, so I did. 46 pounds later, an incident at the gym forced me to realize just how much my body has changed.

After a particularly rainy lazy morning I finally got off the couch and made it to the gym. As usual I hopped on the treadmill and just started to run. One mile went by and then a mile and a half... then came two. I finally stopped the treadmill, my brain was concerned that someone my "size" shouldn't be running that far. I honesty thought there must have been something wrong with the treadmill. How tf was it even possible that I just did that? I even felt like I could have gone longer.

I stopped and went to the locker room and started to really look in the mirror. My shirt was way to big, my shorts were falling off, even my bra looked too big. I got into my own head, left the gym, and started to tear up in the car. I have worn the same couple of dresses to work every single day since I started losing weight, I have literally one pair of jeans that fit. My underwear is constantly falling, and I'm always pulling at my shirt.. even though there is nothing to hide. I want to be proud of my progress but I always look so sloppy and the baggy clothes are not helping my self esteem at all. I guess in my head 46 pounds isn't really a big deal and shouldn't be at a point where I need to buy a whole new wardrobe yet, but it seems there isn't another choice. My friends don't get it. "Just buy new clothes!!" they say, but for some reason i can't find a better answer other than "idk it feels weird"

I would love to hear from anyone going through something similar. I think i'll go today and pick up a new outfit to cheer up. Also thank you to this community for being a place of solidarity over the past 9 months.

submitted by /u/pigunderablanket
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2W6lKgx

No comments:

Post a Comment