Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Buy Clothes that Fit

Several months ago I realized that very few pieces of clothing I owned fit me anymore. For a while, I went along wearing clothes that really didn't fit me, but I squeezed in anyway. This led to me always adjusting myself (i.e., worrying if my belly is showing from the shirt that doesn't make it down to my waist anymore) and feeling even more self-conscious.

But, my mindset at that time was "I'm going to lose weight, so buying clothes that actually fit me now is a waste of money." Well, I finally gave in and bought a decent amount of clothing in sizes L and XL when I had been a size M for almost all of my adult life. I bought them at less expensive places than I would typically shop, but still very respectable clothing. At first I was self-conscious about asking for help finding L or XL in stores, but then I realized that people who work there deal with hundreds of customers of all shapes and sizes daily and really couldn't care less what they look like. And if I really didn't want to deal with people in the stores, I would just order both L and XL online and send back the one that didn't work.

Well anyway, a funny thing started happening. Instead of thinking of them as my "fat clothes that I hate" I began to feel a little better about myself and how I looked because the clothes I was wearing actually FIT ME. This was one part of me beginning my weight loss journey, and just one month in I am down 18 lbs., making some of these "fat clothes" actually big on me and letting me "go shopping in my closet" to see what might start working for me again.

Moral of the story? Don't torture yourself squeezing into clothes that don't fit. They are going to make you look and feel worse than clothes that do.

submitted by /u/ApprehensiveSwing2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31ZluSm

No comments:

Post a Comment