Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Slaying one dragon at a time

I just feel like every damn day is such a goddamn obstacle course with several dozen dragons I've got to slay and getting healthy slips further down on the list because the other dragons are breathing fire down my back right fucking now and need attention. I have 3 young kids and I work full time nights and my husband works full time and between juggling tantrums and school and work drama and marriage struggles I often just find myself completely overwhelmed and completely in survival mode. I promised myself after having 3 babies in 4 years that after I nursed each for a year that my body would be mine again. Now I have arthritis in my hips from birth injuries from said kids and horrible plantar fasciitis from my nursing job. I try to fast like I did last year with moderate success but I'm so short tempered with my kids when I do that and they deserve patience. I am working on things. I'm currently on the recumbent bike at gym with 2 hours of childcare. I come here 2 times a week when I can fit it in. I do an hour on the bike and an hour of massage chair or walking outside. I guess I'm rambling. It just feels like I'm treading water and focusing on weight loss is like taking up knitting while drowning. I keep thinking if I can make it through the next 3 years all kids will be in school and I'll finally have the energy for myself. That's a long wait.

submitted by /u/iaspiretobeclever
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VqpA3A

No comments:

Post a Comment