Sunday, October 6, 2019

Day 1 (again)

After my on and off again weight loss journey over the past 8-9 years, I’m finally at my breaking point. I’ve tried all the diets, all the work out plans, all the quick fixes...but I keep coming back to how I felt on Whole 30. I felt in control and disciplined...I was aware of that voice in my head telling myself “no” or “I don’t need that” and being truly aware of what was worthy of treating myself and what wasn’t. I easily passed up stale donuts in the break room at work without batting an eye and made the conscious decision to have my MIL’s homemade chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake she made for my birthday because THAT is worth every calorie.

Whole 30 is strict and not meant to be sustainable forever...and I have every intention on transitioning into a more realistic version of the diet. However, I let the sugar dragon creep back into my life and take over, making me feel weak to all my cravings and food choices. So tomorrow is my Day 1...of tracking on MFP, of working out at least 4 days a week at my gym, drinking a shit ton of water, and listening to that voice again that I know is in there. I’m going to lean more toward Whole 30/paleo because I feel best eating foods with limited ingredients and doing my own meal preparation...I’m excited and scared and ready for a change. Stay tuned....

submitted by /u/lewhit6
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2APbr6s

No comments:

Post a Comment