Sunday, October 6, 2019

Running to help kickstart next round of weight loss?

Hi everyone! I’ve lost about 23 pounds since the end of May (192-169.) Most of it was done over the summer through CICO and training for a week long bike tour. Since then, I have moved across the country to start grad school. I’ve lost around 4 pounds in the last two months since starting school, but am ready to give myself another push. I’d like to be in the low 160s by the end of October and in the 150s by the time I go home for Christmas.

I haven’t been very strict on my calorie intake the last few weeks....with the stress of school, I find my appetite to be kind of erratic. One thing that I know makes a huge difference in my ability to stick to my routines is regular exercise. I run a few times a week now, typically between 2-2.5 miles. I’d like to increase my mileage by running more frequently (5 days a week) and eventually working my way up to 4-5 mile runs. I would like to train for a half marathon at some point, but won’t allow myself until I am within 10 pounds of my goal weight (155) because I don’t want to cause long term damage to my joints....so I’m looking forward to that as a sort of reward for progress lol.

Is there anyone who used running as a tool for weight loss with tips on how to stick to it safely and effectively?

submitted by /u/leobernie1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35cGiYJ

No comments:

Post a Comment